Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Poker Face

To make enough cards to meet the monthly card swap requirements, I grabbed a box of left over decorative papers which I regularly collect from scrapbooking and card making activities. These scraps are usually pulled into mosaics or used as mats for photos.

I have several incomplete decks of playing cards. These cards would be hard to meld into one deck for a serious card game because each deck has a different design.

I pulled out a handful, wiped them down with rubbing alcohol to remove the finish, then used them as the mat for the focal image (Postmodern Design).

To make the layers stand out, I inked the edges with a marker. After gluing the first layer to the card stock, add a little depth by stamping the corners with a outline stamp (Stampin Up). The other layers are glued in place then a strip of paper covers the center of the playing card. The image is stamped and a dot of glitter glue was placed in the center.

When you click on the finished cards you get a better view of how the differing surfaces (paper, playing card) cause the image to have varying shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment