Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dreaming of Kenya

As part of a monthly card swap with very creative women cross the United States, I am creating eight greeting cards which use a recycled material and the same rubber stamp image more than once. After hearing President Obama deliver his first State of the Union address, I decided to use one of the colorful and detailed postage stamps adhered to an envelope sent to me from Kenya.

Technique. Gently peel the postage stamp from the envelope. Glue to coordinating cardstock then ink the edges. Glue to another piece of matching card stock then trim the edges with decorative scissors (postal ridges).

For the main image, I stamped a woman's face (Embossing Art) on a scrap of glossy white card stock and layered onto two pieces of card stock. I used Copic markers to add color to the image.

My favorite item to recycle are pages torn from books written in foreign languages. I cut this one to 5" x 4" then inked the edges of the page before gluing to the card front. I used a text stamp to randomly stamp "dream" (Inkadinkado) on the front of the card before adding the framed woman's face then the framed postage stamp.

I stamped "Dreams Come True"(Inkadinkado) on scrap glossy paper and embossed with clear ink. I used a blue Copic pen to color the text. I used Stampin Up window punch to cut out the embossed text then glued it to the front of the card.

Because I have only one envelope with Kenyan postage stamps, I am looking forward to discovering what may be used for recycling into cards for this month's card swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment