Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Memorial Magnet

SEI has a monthly challenge which appealed to my reduce, reuse, recycle mode of art. They encourage using the refrigerator magnets, which are often found on phone books or handed out freely by business merchants, to create something unique.

Technique: I started with an outdated business card magnet (i.e., the consultant moved to sunny Florida about two years ago). I stripped off the glossy surface then covered the magnet with a scrap from the "Enroute" paper collection (SEI). I placed glossy stickers "Christmas Mint" collection (SEI) in each corner. I used dye based ink on a rubber stamp image (Attainable Treasures) then pressed it onto beige card stock. I layered the stamped image on a green watercolor paper then adhered to the covered magnet. I stamped the text (Stampin' Up) using dye based ink onto glossy card stock. I used the Stampin' Up window punch to cut out the text in the elongated oval shape. I inked the edges of the oval and of each layer of paper used for the stamped image.

Both photographs show the magnet clinging to the exterior of the exhaust fan over the stove.

Nine days after the initial earthquake in Haiti; reports state the efforts will turn from rescue to rebuilding. Hope more assistance reaches those who have survived thus far.

1 comment:

  1. We love your project! For some reason your comment didn't show up on our blog though.

    ReplyDelete