Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Obstacles


Several radio talk shows discuss the delays in getting water, food, and medical assistance to survivors in Haiti. NPR identifies numerous obstacles.


Trying to eliminate relatively insignificant obstacles at home, I sorted through my craft storage and found a Santa door hanger my mother had purchased with possible plans to give to one of her granddaughters. There were other similar items on which she had written "Elisia" and on another "Michele".

I flipped the Santa hanger to see if a name had been written on the back. I saw the possibility of an elephant trunk but not a name.

Using acrylics, stamps, walnut ink, and dimensional glue I created a picture frame. It holds a photo of my mom and her first grandchild, Cassandra (aka Grandma's Princess). The photo was removed from a frame that had hung in her foyer for more than 17 years. My mother collected elephants. I don't know why, but she did.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: