Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Love Never Ends

Steve and I visited my friend Betti who recently moved.  Her home had such a clean, uncluttered feel that I had to ask her what did she do with all of her stuff.  She said in the process of moving, she and her husband decided to get rid of a lot of things they didn't need or use.  Fortunately for me, Steve agreed that we could do some reducing of stuff.  We have one closet that we haven't used because our daughter has stored  items in it for the past six years.  We decided to begin our purging by cleaning out this closet.

We began by having Cassandra decide what she wanted to keep.  She told us everything, except for a pair a jeans and a shirt, could be given away.  Thus, the closet was empty and could be used for storing winter coats, blankets, and extra pillows.

Before filling the closet with different items, I wanted to cover up the marks on the wall.  I found green planet paint left over from painting Cassandra's and Michael's rooms.  I worked evenly up all sides of the closet from the baseboard with the blue paint until I emptied the can.  After it dried, I used blue masking tape to create a horizontal line around the closet.  Next, I painted green from the top of the blue tape to the bottom of the shelf at the top of the closet.  After the paint had dried, I used large foam rubber stamps and black acrylic paint to press letters spelling "Love Never Ends" along the blue/green border.  I used a hand carved Adinkra stamp Steve had bought in Ghana to add decorative symbols. With some remaining green paint, I added color to the open spaces of the letters and the symbols.

With the coats hanging in the closet, the words aren't seen, but I know they're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment