Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Queen for a Day


My friend recently celebrated her 50th birthday by hosting a large card party.  I re-purposed an empty rice container (a good way to avoid recycling plastic containers is to buy items in bulk and use refillable containers).  For this plastic shape, I had two over-sized playing cards that I had gotten through a swap many years ago.  The card fit with minimal trimming.  For the other two sides, I cut up box tops and added pieces of playing cards and book paper.  Around the lid, I applied ribbon using heavy duty glue dots.  The top of the lid was covered with a circular disc cut from paper and layered with a circular playing card. The container could be used to hold small items on a desk top or to store small items.  For the party, it served as the collection bin for thoughtful notes her guests had written in celebration of her big day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment