Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lunch Left Overs

In August 2010, I participated in a meeting that included box lunches.  The lunches arrived in sturdy boxes that were untouched by food due to the packaging used for the individual items. 

Hating to see these perfectly good cardboard boxes being dumped in the regular trash (we were in South Carolina where I failed to see recycling of anything).  I asked several meeting participants to give me their box if they had no other use for it.  I received four boxes which I unfolded and took back to Maryland with me. 









These boxes were cut into 4X6 inch rectangles.  They will be transformed into postcards before this year ends. The Postcrossing website is devoted to the exchange of postcards.  I exchange cards with a yahoo group, the Postcard Xchange, which focuses on members making and sending out postcards.



The smaller pieces were cut into 3.5X  2.5 rectangles.  They will be used to make Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)  that I will send to others or keep for myself.  Lisa Vollrath has a great "how-to" for making ATCs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment