Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Torn Pages

Several friends and two wonderful ladies that I have not met yet who live in Colorado swap cards a few months each year. The cards are designed to meet challenge criteria established by our leader and card creator extraordinaire, Bev.

For the month of October, I used pages torn from a book that had been discarded because it was falling apart at the spine.  To make ten cards, I used  15 pages that were cut into strips then layered onto a mat.  The mat was placed on a larger mat that had been randomly stamped with a floral image.

As I made each card, I found a different way to improve the card.  So, the ten cards all came out differently yet each had a page from the book and the same message "Sending You A Smile".

I encourage you to re-purpose printed text by using it as a patterned paper in your next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment