Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Catalog Clearance

After: Gift wrapped package
After hosting a jewelry party, I found a few of the catalogs after everyone left.  When I offered to mail them to the consultant, she told me to keep them because another catalog was being distributed soon.

Not one to throw away good glossy paper, I started using the catalog pages as wrapping paper. 

To get the largest piece of paper, I remove the pages from the center of the catalog.  The pages lift out from the center in one piece.  I use colored duct tape as an accent color and as an extra strong adhesive to keep the "wrapping" paper in place.
Before: jewelry catalog and gift that needs to be wrapped

The birthday tag was made from a poorly copied scrapbook page (destined for the recycle box), a few fabric flowers, and an extra large brad to create the flower's center.

No comments:

Post a Comment