Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paper, Glue, Glitter


Still contemplating other ways to make use of my excess jewelry catalogs.  I combined a few bold images from the catalog with pages torn from an old dictionary and a foreign language book along with one rubber stamp to create a dozen postcards.

Technique:  From heavy card stock paper, cut out postcards that are 4"x6".  Use a large rubber stamp to place an inked image on the left corner of the postcard.  Tear the dictionary paper and the text book and glue to the front of the card.  Cut images from the magazine and layer on top of the torn paper.  Type text in a word processor and print on any paper you are trying to use up.  Cut out the text and glue across the postcard. 

I told my friend, Donna, that one of my goals is to deplete my craft supplies before I die.  So you could stop at this point and have a nice postcard suitable for mailing (remember to cover everything with clear packing tape to prevent being ripped off in the mail).  I went a little further by using glitter glue to outline the text from the word processor.  I also used some sparkling watercolor paint and copic markers to add color to a few of the images from the rubber stamp.  I cut them out and covered them with the glossy stuff - can't remember the name (there are several types to choose from)- it makes everything feel like an epoxy has been applied. Then I glued them on each card.

No comments:

Post a Comment