Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

To Jimmy with Love


Another padded envelope, decorated with a variety of materials then placed back into the postal system for delivery.  While at a meeting in Columbia, SC; box lunches from a local restaurant called Jimmy John's were provided in sturdy paper boxes.   I folded mine flat and collected several from others to save for making post cards and artist trading cards.  The next day, I had to send a birthday present to my brother, James who I call Jimmy so I thought the lunch box would be perfect for creating an address label on a previously used padded envelope.  The lunch box lid added a nice touch for him because the colors (red, black, and white) are the same colors my brother uses in his personal training business www.phiferfitness.com.

In addition to using a piece of the lunch box, I used items collected from my craft table: a poorly stamped image (Oxford Impressions), a heart punched from scrap paper, a printed floral paper from a poorly copied scrapbook page that was destined for the recycle bin, and a part of a playing card left over from items cut up for card-themed party.  I layered these on the envelope and arranged them to my liking then sparsely used glue dots to place them before covering with clear packing tape. The photo was taken before the mailing address and the packing tape were added.

Hope this inspires you to reuse any envelope that makes its way to your home.  Just remember to completely cover the incoming postal information and cover the paper items with packing tape to keep them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment