Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Packaging tape keeps the pieces together.
When I receive padded envelopes, I reuse them to mail items to others.  To make sure the package is delivered properly, any bar codes or handwritten coding added by the post office (they do this when sorting mail for some post office boxes) has to be covered or removed. 

Remove original mailing labels when possible.
To give the package a celebratory feeling, I add scraps saved from previous projects. For this package, I had scraps of unused photos and really bad color copies of scrapbook pages. I trimmed the scrapbook page to fit the package, added a bloom from a florist's advertisement, and trees clipped from a photo. To make the address easy to see, I use a scrap of white paper and a large marker.  Everything is covered with clear packaging tape to keep it intact during transit.

No comments:

Post a Comment