Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Homespun Yarn Party


With two of my scrap booking buddies who also dabble in yarn, I made it to my first Homespun Yarn Party on Sunday at Savage Mill in Savage, Maryland.  The 30-minute wait to enter the venue prompted a walk through The Queen's Ink for paper-inspired awe.  After picking up a wood-mounted stamp, I found my scrap booking friend beckoning me to join her in the Yarn Party queue because "...it's moving fast now!" We quickly made it into the party, navigated the crowd, and began interacting with the vendors and their soft, fluffy wares.  So many types of hand spun, unspun, and hand-dyed yarns and fibers. It was a mini-version of the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival without the commercial vendors, the livestock, and the carnival food.

The video shows the Yarn Party before it became crowded (i.e., the party was almost stifling at 2:30; glad they used the line to control the number of occupants).


No comments:

Post a Comment