Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Invictus


Because it's too cold to plant outdoors, I'm going to send some pansies in postcards to my friends in the  Yahoo! Postcard_xchange group.


Using the computer, I printed a poem directly onto the card stock then cut the paper - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" for each postcard. Using the clear acrylic CTMH stamp from "My Life, Cricut Bundle" and "Love Life, Everyday Life", I put a frame around the title of the poem and added swirls along the side and bottom of the card.
The CTMH clear acrylic stamps make it easy to add a stamped image right where you want it.

A few cards were stamped with the "Heartfelt Birthday Wish" CTMH stamp. Watch this video to see how two tones are used to highlight a stamped image. 



I stamped the pansies using two dye ink colors.  The Stamp-a -ma- jig helps with placing the second color in the correct spot when using a stamp that is not clear.
A tool helps when stamping with wood mounted stamps and creating a two-toned image.





Image has been stamped twice.
I used a marker to ink all four sides to create a border.

Ended up with 20 handmade postcards that will be mailed out as part of the March postcard exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment