Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Tag It!

Swatch tag for Martha Stewart Alpaca Blend yarn
After selecting the yarn and a pattern, a swatch is essential when knitting or crocheting a garment.  From my days of frequent yarn purchases, I have many skeins of the same type of yarn (same brand, weight and color).

When I make a swatch for a garment, I like to mark the swatch with the information from the yarn band along with the size of needles used to make the swatch.  This is helpful when returning to the same yarn to make another garment.  I can quickly see the needle used to produce a specific swatch.

Tags are a great tool for storing this information.  The tags easily attach to the completed swatch and provide space for adding any other tidbits of information.  I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge - Tag 4 - to make the blue tag.  It was cut at 3.5" from scrap card stock, rimmed with a deep blue marker then covered with information cut and punched from the yarn band.


Swatch made with MaggiKnits
For the Maryland Sheep and Wool competition, I'm using yarns made by Maggiknits for a loose fitting jacket and Lion Brand (Martha Stewart Alpaca Blend) for a raglan sleeved sweater.

This video shows how tags can be created using the Cricut die cut machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment